Black Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Devin Townsend Mourns the Loss of His Skullet

+2
Actumen
Känge
6 posters

Go down

Devin Townsend Mourns the Loss of His Skullet Empty Devin Townsend Mourns the Loss of His Skullet

Post by Känge Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:18 am

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

DEVIN TOWNSEND just released Ki, the first album in a 4-part series. MetalSucks‘ Vince Neilstein recently had the chance to speak with DEVIN about that record, what the other records in the 4-part series are like, his work in the producer’s chair over the past couple of years, the reactions of SYL fans to the new music, and of course what you’re all waiting to hear… why he shaved the skullet. Townsend also spoke at length about being true to oneself artistically as it relates to dispelling the myth of “Crazy Dev.”

An excerpt follows:

MetalSucks: So… people are wondering why you shaved the skullet?

Townsend: I think just being honest with yourself. You have to be really clear in your own mind about what your motivation for having a hairstyle that smells bad, hurts and looks retarded when you’re going to the bank to get a loan to get more ProTools gear.
[Laughter]

I looked like Krusty the Klown and saying “I need to take out a $40,000 loan to get this stupid HD rig”. It’s just like “yeah, okay”. Every morning I woke up, my pillow was translucent. I had this disgusting shit hanging off my head. After awhile I didn’t even like the way I look. I hate the way I smell. It hurts. So why do I keep it? And I’m like, “because it is my identity”. People think of you as crazy Dev with that hair. I was doing it for everybody else. I grew it out because I was going bald and I was unwilling to let it go. So I was like “fuck you, I’m bald. Here you go.” I’m 37 now, and I’m like “you know what dude? You’re bald.” I kept it in a box somewhere.

Catch the full scoop here.

Source
Känge
Känge
Freelance Fiend

http://reverbnation.com/muckmaw

Back to top Go down

Devin Townsend Mourns the Loss of His Skullet Empty Re: Devin Townsend Mourns the Loss of His Skullet

Post by Actumen Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:02 pm

Rofl "I kept it in a box somewhere." afro BAD ASS
Actumen
Actumen
Automatic Fantastic

http://myspace.com/greensunn

Back to top Go down

Devin Townsend Mourns the Loss of His Skullet Empty Re: Devin Townsend Mourns the Loss of His Skullet

Post by Antonius Block Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:14 pm

Dev, bald or skullet, you are the man and I worship you.
Antonius Block
Antonius Block
Reverend Naysayer

Back to top Go down

Post by El Decapo Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:34 pm

"Ki" sucked ass.
El Decapo
El Decapo
Unhindered By Talent
Unhindered By Talent

Back to top Go down

Post by Burp Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:45 pm

If he really kept it, you can bet your ass it'll be on ebay in less than 4 years.
Burp
Burp
Menace
Menace

http://www.myspace.com/groawilling

Back to top Go down

Post by PILEDRIVER Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:49 pm

I want a peak into that box.
PILEDRIVER
PILEDRIVER
Gun Show God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum