Black Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Witchcraft

3 posters

Go down

Witchcraft Empty Witchcraft

Post by monkeychief25 Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:37 pm

Witchcraft Witchlogo
Magnus Pelander (formerly of Norrsken) formed Witchcraft in 2000 in order to record a tribute to Pentagram's Bobby Liebling and Roky Erickson. The "No Angel or Demon" single was released in 2002 by Primitive Art Records which caught the ear of Lee Dorrian's label Rise Above Records, who quickly signed them. A year later, the band were brought back together with Jonas Arnesén taking the place of original drummer Jens Henriksson. Their debut album, Witchcraft, was worked on in a basement studio with vintage equipment, which gave them their very seventies-esque sound. In mid-2004, the band toured Europe with Orange Goblin and Grand Magus. The band recorded their second album, Firewood, in England, which was released on Rise Above in 2005. That same year the band toured the U.K. in support of Corrosion of Conformity, backed by the "Chylde of Fire" single. In mid-2006, Jones Arnesén left the band and was replaced by original drummer, Jens Henriksson. The band toured the US in latter part of 2006 with Danava. During this tour, on November 11, 2006, Witchcraft performed at the Rock and Roll Hotel in Washington, DC. For their encore they played two Pentagram covers ("When the Screams Come" and "Yes I Do") with Bobby Liebling on vocals.[2] Following their US tour they returned to the studio and recorded the single "If Crimson Was Your Colour." This was released on 7" vinyl by Rise Above on November 6, 2006. Following the single Jens Henriksson once again left Witchcraft and was replaced by Fredrik Jansson (formerly of Abramis Brama). Their third and most recent album, The Alchemist, was released on October 8th, 2007 by Rise Above Records (UK), Leaf Hound Records (Japan), and Candlelight Records (US). Shortly after The Alchemist, Witchcraft released a split 12" with The Sword on Kemado Records. The EP features alternate versions of three previously released songs. The band played the side stage on the one day Ozzfest 2008.
http://www.myspace.com/witchcraftswe

monkeychief25
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Witchcraft Empty Re: Witchcraft

Post by Kyle Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:45 pm

Firewood is my favorite, though probably because I've listened to that one the most, followed by the first one, then The Alchemist, which I've hardly ever listened to.
Kyle
Kyle
Unhindered By Talent
Unhindered By Talent

Back to top Go down

Post by Actumen Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:51 pm

It's a toss up between Firewood and the S/T for me.
Actumen
Actumen
Automatic Fantastic

http://myspace.com/greensunn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down