Black Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming back from Sunn O))) show

+2
Actumen
The6sperm6starter6
6 posters

Go down

Coming back from Sunn O))) show Empty Coming back from Sunn O))) show

Post by The6sperm6starter6 Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Pretty much what I expected and more! They played the entire Monoliths & Dimensions, which their set almost lasted a good two hours or two and half hours, twas epic.

The first band that played was called Eagle Twin, they had this nice stoner/doom/drone sound to them. They played about two songs, each about 15 minutes long or close to it; check them out, pretty good shit: http://www.myspace.com/eagletwin

Then came the band everyone was waiting for, Sunn O))) and my god did they out on a saw. They started with the mist machines, they pretty much misted the entire hall, everyone who was sitting on the balcony could not see anything because of how much mist was in the room. Too add to the atmosphere, Gregorian chants and some Native American chantings mixed in started to play, they lights dimmed out and it was completely dark. This went on for a good 10 minutes and then they came out, everyone went wild, cheering, and clapping. They put on their instruments and BANG! This wall of sound just hit us! Everything, I mean everything was vibrating, my whole body was vibrating, it was hard to breathe. About 6 or 7 minutes into the set, Attila comes out and everyone just goes crazy, crazier than before. He starts doing his low, "operatic" like style of singing and every now and then his black metal like cries and weird ritual/incantations signs with his whole body/or fingers. Later during the set, Attila walks towards O'Malley and O'Malley hands him something, I can't tell what it is but I have a guess of what it is and I'm correct. Attila kneels in front of the keyboard and it looks like he's trying to put something on, he stands up, his back to the audience and then he jumps and turns around he's wearing a mask and then he cries like a banshee. That's when everyone starts to turn hellish, the sound changes to fit the change in Attila and man it fucked me up. It felt like this show should be playing in the lowest depths of hell, in front of Satan and all his minions. At the last minutes of his shows, Attila takes of his mask and the rest of the set last for about a good 20 or 25 minutes, I honestly don't know long it lasted, it felt like an eternity, the wall of sound and vibrations of it were completely messing me up. Out of nowhere, the vibrations start to get stronger and Attila starts to get crazier and I see O'Malley swinging his guitar around like crazy and Greg is lifting his bass up to the sky, worshiping it, and then it ends. They take off their cloaks and is yelling and cheering at the top of their lungs. A great end to an amazing show!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?cropsuccess&id=1079206981#/album.php?aid=25689&id=1079206981 Pictures here!
The6sperm6starter6
The6sperm6starter6
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Coming back from Sunn O))) show Empty Re: Coming back from Sunn O))) show

Post by Actumen Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:12 pm

I am so jealous I could fucking shit my pants right now.

In fact I think I just did. And I love your sig - I was just trying to explain the micmask to my drummer the other day loool.
Actumen
Actumen
Automatic Fantastic

http://myspace.com/greensunn

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnd Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:42 pm

There are NO WORDS as for how fucking JEALOUS I am, man. I can't even begin to imagine how mastejuous (sp?) and grand that album must sound live. I have missed them two times so far and both times it was so damn fucking close. First time because my parents wouldn't let me go because I found out 'too late'. Two hours beforehand isn't too late if it's SUNN! And the second time I could have made it but I had to pick up my parents from the airport. :gonk:

But anyway, sounds like a really great experience. I think I'm gonna get my hands on the CD soon, it doesn't look like they'll print it on vinyl after all. Which reminds me that I shouldn't wait too long before looking out for a cheap Domkirke as well. aaargh
Arnd
Arnd
Leather Rebel
Leather Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Actumen Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:56 pm

arnd I'll sell you mine for the reasonable price of $150 (Plus shipping)
Actumen
Actumen
Automatic Fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by El Decapo Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:55 pm

God do I hate Sunn O))). I saw them with Celtic Frost and Goatwhore and they were fucking TERRIBLE!
El Decapo
El Decapo
Unhindered By Talent
Unhindered By Talent

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnd Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm

Actumen wrote:arnd I'll sell you mine for the reasonable price of $150 (Plus shipping)
zomfg dats liek a total deal man!!1
Arnd
Arnd
Leather Rebel
Leather Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Actumen Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Arnd wrote:
Actumen wrote:arnd I'll sell you mine for the reasonable price of $150 (Plus shipping)
zomfg dats liek a total deal man!!1
I'll throw in the jar I've been collecting my semen in and the Domkirke shirt, too if you call in the next 15 minutes.
Actumen
Actumen
Automatic Fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonius Block Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:10 pm

That Eagle Twin shit is pretty rockin. BTW TOTALLY JELOUS OF U MANG
Antonius Block
Antonius Block
Reverend Naysayer

Back to top Go down