Ahab

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ahab

Post by Antonius Block on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:37 pm


Fucking incredible Funeral Doom from Germany. Their intense, almost drone-like riffs just absolutely crush. And the new album is just fucking incredible, the added melodicism doesn't detract from the intensity, but rather subtly enriches it.


Official Website
Official Myspace
Ahab @ Metal Archives

_________________
Death to your false-idols, your Christ, your Newton, your Muhammad, your Satan. Cast the Buddha down and burn your science books, we'll dance around the fire like heathens on midsummer's eve and see what the world was like before god...
avatar
Antonius Block
Reverend Naysayer

Posts : 453
Join date : 2009-07-09
Age : 28
Location : The heart of the universe.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Arnd on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:39 pm

Did their new album leak yet?
avatar
Arnd
Leather Rebel
Leather Rebel

Posts : 299
Join date : 2009-07-11
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by myrkwood on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:47 pm

Lulz, I just got their full-length a few days ago. Along with Esoteric and Mournful Congregation. MC is fucking great.
avatar
myrkwood
Menace
Menace

Posts : 106
Join date : 2009-07-31
Age : 28
Location : in fucking North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Antonius Block on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Arnd wrote:Did their new album leak yet?

Need a hookup? I'll find it again and put that shit on our blog. SO YOU CAN ENJOY DAT ALBUM

_________________
Death to your false-idols, your Christ, your Newton, your Muhammad, your Satan. Cast the Buddha down and burn your science books, we'll dance around the fire like heathens on midsummer's eve and see what the world was like before god...
avatar
Antonius Block
Reverend Naysayer

Posts : 453
Join date : 2009-07-09
Age : 28
Location : The heart of the universe.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Antonius Block on Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:32 pm

fuck, I cant find a version of "Gnawing Bones" that isn't watermarked.

_________________
Death to your false-idols, your Christ, your Newton, your Muhammad, your Satan. Cast the Buddha down and burn your science books, we'll dance around the fire like heathens on midsummer's eve and see what the world was like before god...
avatar
Antonius Block
Reverend Naysayer

Posts : 453
Join date : 2009-07-09
Age : 28
Location : The heart of the universe.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Arnd on Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Myrkwood wrote:Lulz, I just got their full-length a few days ago. Along with Esoteric and Mournful Congregation. MC is fucking great.
Mournful Congregation are probably one of the hardest to get in to-bands but one of the most rewardingo ones. Dawning of Mournful Hymns and the Monad of Creation took me several listens and they still haven't really sunk in entirely, but they are absolutely awe-inspiring. I haven't heard the June Frost yet, I'm a bit suspicious about the shorter track lengths.

@Dan: No rush, man. Practically no music for me till the fourth ov septembur.
avatar
Arnd
Leather Rebel
Leather Rebel

Posts : 299
Join date : 2009-07-11
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Antonius Block on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:07 pm

The Divinity Of Oceans, with minimal watermarks, is up on F.O))).A.D.

_________________
Death to your false-idols, your Christ, your Newton, your Muhammad, your Satan. Cast the Buddha down and burn your science books, we'll dance around the fire like heathens on midsummer's eve and see what the world was like before god...
avatar
Antonius Block
Reverend Naysayer

Posts : 453
Join date : 2009-07-09
Age : 28
Location : The heart of the universe.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Actumen on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:08 pm

I always found Ahab to be a great deal overrated, but I'll throw a second shot at 'em.

_________________

Born a snake handler - One million B.C.
Died a snake handler - One million A.D.
avatar
Actumen
Automatic Fantastic

Posts : 597
Join date : 2009-07-09
Age : 25
Location : Albany, NY

View user profile http://myspace.com/greensunn

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Antonius Block on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Divinity Of Oceans is everything Call Of The Wretched sea really needed, as good as it was it lacked sense in some songs, just going for straight mind-crushing heavyness. Divinity Of Oceans turned that concept back a few steps and has blown my goddamn mind. Its like a slower (and more depressing) Swallow The Sun now (if that is even possible).

_________________
Death to your false-idols, your Christ, your Newton, your Muhammad, your Satan. Cast the Buddha down and burn your science books, we'll dance around the fire like heathens on midsummer's eve and see what the world was like before god...
avatar
Antonius Block
Reverend Naysayer

Posts : 453
Join date : 2009-07-09
Age : 28
Location : The heart of the universe.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by myrkwood on Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:21 am

Arnd wrote:
Myrkwood wrote:Lulz, I just got their full-length a few days ago. Along with Esoteric and Mournful Congregation. MC is fucking great.
Mournful Congregation are probably one of the hardest to get in to-bands but one of the most rewardingo ones. Dawning of Mournful Hymns and the Monad of Creation took me several listens and they still haven't really sunk in entirely, but they are absolutely awe-inspiring. I haven't heard the June Frost yet, I'm a bit suspicious about the shorter track lengths.

@Dan: No rush, man. Practically no music for me till the fourth ov septembur.

I like the Monad album more than Ahab. Surprised
avatar
myrkwood
Menace
Menace

Posts : 106
Join date : 2009-07-31
Age : 28
Location : in fucking North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Arnd on Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:42 am

Myrkwood wrote:
Arnd wrote:
Myrkwood wrote:Lulz, I just got their full-length a few days ago. Along with Esoteric and Mournful Congregation. MC is fucking great.
Mournful Congregation are probably one of the hardest to get in to-bands but one of the most rewardingo ones. Dawning of Mournful Hymns and the Monad of Creation took me several listens and they still haven't really sunk in entirely, but they are absolutely awe-inspiring. I haven't heard the June Frost yet, I'm a bit suspicious about the shorter track lengths.

@Dan: No rush, man. Practically no music for me till the fourth ov septembur.

I like the Monad album more than Ahab. Surprised
I'd slap you if it were the other way around. But they are two very, very different albums, really.
avatar
Arnd
Leather Rebel
Leather Rebel

Posts : 299
Join date : 2009-07-11
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by myrkwood on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:09 am

Arnd wrote:
Myrkwood wrote:
Arnd wrote:
Myrkwood wrote:Lulz, I just got their full-length a few days ago. Along with Esoteric and Mournful Congregation. MC is fucking great.
Mournful Congregation are probably one of the hardest to get in to-bands but one of the most rewardingo ones. Dawning of Mournful Hymns and the Monad of Creation took me several listens and they still haven't really sunk in entirely, but they are absolutely awe-inspiring. I haven't heard the June Frost yet, I'm a bit suspicious about the shorter track lengths.

@Dan: No rush, man. Practically no music for me till the fourth ov septembur.

I like the Monad album more than Ahab. Surprised
I'd slap you if it were the other way around. But they are two very, very different albums, really.

The Maniacal Vale by Esoteric is difficult too. pale

I wish #2 on my copy of Monad wasn't messed up.
avatar
myrkwood
Menace
Menace

Posts : 106
Join date : 2009-07-31
Age : 28
Location : in fucking North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Arnd on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Myrkwood wrote:
Arnd wrote:
Myrkwood wrote:
Arnd wrote:
Myrkwood wrote:Lulz, I just got their full-length a few days ago. Along with Esoteric and Mournful Congregation. MC is fucking great.
Mournful Congregation are probably one of the hardest to get in to-bands but one of the most rewardingo ones. Dawning of Mournful Hymns and the Monad of Creation took me several listens and they still haven't really sunk in entirely, but they are absolutely awe-inspiring. I haven't heard the June Frost yet, I'm a bit suspicious about the shorter track lengths.

@Dan: No rush, man. Practically no music for me till the fourth ov septembur.

I like the Monad album more than Ahab. Surprised
I'd slap you if it were the other way around. But they are two very, very different albums, really.

The Maniacal Vale by Esoteric is difficult too. pale

I wish #2 on my copy of Monad wasn't messed up.
Really? I found it to be a whole lot more accessible than, say, the Pernicious Enigma. I even liked it a bit more, maybe. I prefer the open waves of sound instead of the suffocating, production-bound feeling which I found to limit Pernicious a bit.
avatar
Arnd
Leather Rebel
Leather Rebel

Posts : 299
Join date : 2009-07-11
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Mushroom Brew on Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Ahab is for gay whales. :penis:
avatar
Mushroom Brew
Scrub
Scrub

Posts : 35
Join date : 2009-08-03
Age : 28
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/craftingsoundwaves

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Actumen on Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:44 pm

WAIT WAIT I GOT ONE

Ahab makes me go...









wait for it








wait for it











wait for it















wait for it.......






























BBBAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

_________________

Born a snake handler - One million B.C.
Died a snake handler - One million A.D.
avatar
Actumen
Automatic Fantastic

Posts : 597
Join date : 2009-07-09
Age : 25
Location : Albany, NY

View user profile http://myspace.com/greensunn

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Bagged and Boarded on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:23 am

I'll have to grab the new album asap
avatar
Bagged and Boarded
Menace
Menace

Posts : 140
Join date : 2009-07-10
Location : British Columbia

View user profile Http://electric-eyes-watch.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Mushroom Brew on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:14 am

MAOR LOIKE


GAYHAB :penis:
avatar
Mushroom Brew
Scrub
Scrub

Posts : 35
Join date : 2009-08-03
Age : 28
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/craftingsoundwaves

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by El Decapo on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Antonius Block wrote:The Divinity Of Oceans, with minimal watermarks, is up on F.O))).A.D.
lulz.

I gotz both high qualities with non of that watermark jew shit. I'll toss them up.
avatar
El Decapo
Unhindered By Talent
Unhindered By Talent

Posts : 420
Join date : 2009-07-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Antonius Block on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:19 pm

pfft I had it without watermarks ages ago, I cant stand that shit, but its good enough to upload imo, besides, not trying to be illegal

_________________
Death to your false-idols, your Christ, your Newton, your Muhammad, your Satan. Cast the Buddha down and burn your science books, we'll dance around the fire like heathens on midsummer's eve and see what the world was like before god...
avatar
Antonius Block
Reverend Naysayer

Posts : 453
Join date : 2009-07-09
Age : 28
Location : The heart of the universe.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Känge on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Antonius Block wrote:pfft I had it without watermarks ages ago, I cant stand that shit, but its good enough to upload imo, besides, not trying to be illegal
I lol'd

_________________
Black Circle blog
last.fm still exists, evidently
avatar
Känge
Freelance Fiend

Posts : 642
Join date : 2009-07-09
Age : 26
Location : suffolk, VA

View user profile http://reverbnation.com/muckmaw

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by El Decapo on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:44 am

Well there up: http://nofuckinglaw.blogspot.com/2009/10/ahab-full-discography-no-watermarks.html
avatar
El Decapo
Unhindered By Talent
Unhindered By Talent

Posts : 420
Join date : 2009-07-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahab

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum