Black Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Trek (2009)

Go down

Star Trek (2009) Empty Star Trek (2009)

Post by Känge Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:13 am

Star Trek (2009) Startrek_2009movie

Hollywood attempts to recreate and embrace the old nature of the legendary Star Trek series and adapt it to modern film. Surprise: they didn't fail.
This film has got some great acting (though I question some of the cast choices, especially Simon Pegg and John Cho), exciting action flick cliches, and even a scantily clad green woman. But what is most impressive about the film is the execution; there was expert direction throughout. The story was told from following/the point of view of Jim Tiberius Kirk and was done in such a way that every event seemed to intertwine perfectly into the story. You came to sympathize with Kirk and his actions and hoped he would succeed at every turn.
Of course, movie magicks were worked, impressive effects wooed the audience, but the thing that got me was the ability of this film to envelop the classic feel of Star Trek.
I enjoyed every minute of it, even if it's as cheesy and predictable as they come. A fun watch, especially the first time.
7.5/10
Känge
Känge
Freelance Fiend

http://reverbnation.com/muckmaw

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum