Black Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gates of Slumber

2 posters

Go down

The Gates of Slumber Empty The Gates of Slumber

Post by Kyle Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:01 am

Hailing from Indiana these guys have been at the forefront of doom and heavy metal for the past decade. First bludgeoning us with their first album The Awakening, offering their slab of metal up to the great goddess of doom. Influences are easy to spot here: Black Sabbath, Saint Vitus, Cirith Ungol, and the like. With Suffer No Guilt, not only exploring themes of Robert E. Howard's character Conan but also depictions of war and bloodshed and the troubles in the Middle East that has been going since the Crusades. These guys develop a style all their own and some including myself find this to be their masterpiece. The following album, Conqueror, takes a turn to explore their traditional metal influences, taking their signature sounds and taking more cues from such greats as Judas Priest and Iron Maiden and such. Shorter songs are present, but blistering and heavy as always and the musicianship is up to par as always. The album also includes a rather intimate homage to Robert E. Howard, a four part epic dedicated exclusively to the author with a recitation of "Lines Written in the Knowledge that I Must Die" set to music. Their new album Hymns of Blood and Thunder is due out at the end of the month, Sept. 29. Can't really go wrong with anything from this band, so if you've not checked them out, do yourself a favor.

Last edited by Kyle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kyle
Kyle
Unhindered By Talent
Unhindered By Talent

Back to top Go down

The Gates of Slumber Empty Re: The Gates of Slumber

Post by Actumen Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:07 am

If I had a dollar for every time I didn't get to see them I'd probably have a pretty penny. :(
Actumen
Actumen
Automatic Fantastic

http://myspace.com/greensunn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:47 pm

They played a show here in Raleigh, only a few souls came out to see them. They haven't been back to North Carolina since.
Kyle
Kyle
Unhindered By Talent
Unhindered By Talent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down