Anthony Bourdain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anthony Bourdain

Post by Actumen on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:57 am

I wasn't sure if I should put this in books or TV, so it goes here.

Basically the man is a certified bad ass. I en't got words for it, so here's wiki:
Anthony Michael "Tony" Bourdain (born June 25, 1956) is an American author and chef. He is well known for his 2000 book, Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, and is the host of Travel Channel's culinary and cultural adventure program Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.

A 1978 graduate of the Culinary Institute of America and a 28-year veteran of professional kitchens,[1] Bourdain is currently a "Chef-at-Large" whose home base is Brasserie Les Halles,[2] where he was executive chef for many years.

His shows and books are all fking awesome and he is 100% the reason I wanna throw everything away to become a travel writer (Easily the world's least successful career choice). If you do not know him, you do not know true entertainment.

Born a snake handler - One million B.C.
Died a snake handler - One million A.D.
Actumen
Automatic Fantastic

View user profile http://myspace.com/greensunn

Back to top Go down

Re: Anthony Bourdain

Post by Bagged and Boarded on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:07 am

I do enjoy No reservations quite a bit.
Bagged and Boarded
Menace
Menace

View user profile Http://electric-eyes-watch.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Agonistes on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:29 pm

I do enjoy No Reservations. Though I think Anthony is kind of a douche in some of his shows, he’s very condescending.

I love when he went to Ted Nugent’s place and was all anti-gunner and putting down Ted’s way of life. He changed his opinion when he saw how nice and hospitable the Motor City Madman was. He came there a fervent anti-gunner. That is until Uncle Ted put a semi-auto in his hands at which point he was grinning wide. He left with a totally different opinion. It was funny as hell.

And I loved his trip to Costa Rica with his brother. When I went to Oklahoma my grandpa and I were talking about possibly eating an armadillo because we both saw the episode where he was like in the mountains of Peru and they ate one.

Agonistes
Scrub
Scrub

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagged and Boarded on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:30 pm

"I'm a TV host made out of alcohol and cigarettes"
Bagged and Boarded
Menace
Menace

View user profile Http://electric-eyes-watch.blogspot.com