Black Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Clockwork Orange

2 posters

Go down

A Clockwork Orange Empty A Clockwork Orange

Post by Känge Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:33 am

I could never sing enough praises for this book.
It's a work of genius that no film (that's right) could ever live up to. Every time I read I'm immersed in the world of ultra-violence.

"a dystopian novel by Anthony Burgess;

The title is taken from an old Cockney expression, "as queer as a clockwork orange", and alludes to the prevention of the main character's exercise of his free will through the use of a classical conditioning technique. With this technique, the subject’s emotional responses to violence are systematically paired with a negative stimulation in the form of nausea caused by an emetic medicine administered just before the presentation of films depicting "ultra-violent" situations. Written from the perspective of a seemingly biased and unapologetic protagonist, the novel also contains an experiment in language: Burgess creates a new speech that is the teenage slang of the not-too-distant future." - Wiki
Känge
Känge
Freelance Fiend

http://reverbnation.com/muckmaw

Back to top Go down

A Clockwork Orange Empty Re: A Clockwork Orange

Post by Actumen Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:35 am

Holy fuck one of my favorite books. I read it in one afternoon cause I had like a 102 fever and I couldn't get Alex's voice out of my head for MONTHS. It's one of only two books I've reread because I was in such awe of it (ACO and Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy). Shit it's so awesome I need to read it againnnn but I gave my copy to a friend cause I was so desperate for her to read itt...
Actumen
Actumen
Automatic Fantastic

http://myspace.com/greensunn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum