GRIFTEGÅRD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GRIFTEGÅRD

Post by Känge on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:32 am

GRIFTEGÅRD

I believe Kyle brought this band to the attention of Gaya a while back. Aweeeesome traditional doom.
Recommend the Psalmbok MCD, though I haven't heard anything about the release of the debut, Nachtgnosis.
their first song was a tribute to Pagan Altar, included on a split with five other bands (one being Rev Biz), which I haven't checked out yet.

"Griftegård is the Swedish name for a grave yard sans a church. The name holds a symbolism that is echoed in the musical and textual themes expressed by Griftegård – the aesthetic is clearly spiritual, although non-confessional, just like the atmosphere of a burial ground is perceived as solemn, sacred and severe regardless of whether the visitor is aware of which religious current it is a part of. Griftegård, in an artistic context, is the burial ground for finite and worldly thoughts and the birth place for ponderings of an infinite and spiritual nature - the superficial, the shallow, the empty has no place in Griftegård’s universe. The core and soul of all is all. To some this may seem as bold, even pretentious, statements to make and to them we say; dare to drop your armour of cynicism and irony, care to open your dormant minds eye, gaze inwards, and challenge your self! The Doom Metal band Griftegård was formed in Norrköping, Sweden in early 2005 by guitarist and lyricist Ola Blomkvist and guitarist Per Broddesson. Bass player Dennis Olsson soon joined the two and a year long search for the right drummer ended in the discovery of the talents of Jens Gustafsson. With Jens singer Thomas Eriksson came into context and the line up was complete."
Känge
Freelance Fiend

View user profile http://reverbnation.com/muckmaw

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIFTEGÅRD

Post by Kyle on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:06 am

Yeah, that split was the Knock 'em Down to Size compilation. Great band, they've got a killer tone and great vocals, I can't wait for any new material they put out. One of the highlights of my finds recently. Apparently a lot of the members come from a band called Doomsday Cult, I haven't been able to locate any of that material.
Kyle
Unhindered By Talent
Unhindered By Talent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum