Black Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble

5 posters

Go down

Trouble Empty Trouble

Post by El Decapo Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:14 am

Trouble Trouble-logo1
http://www.myspace.com/troublechicago
Trouble was formed in 1979 by vocalist Eric Wagner, guitarists Bruce Franklin and Rick Wartell, bassist Sean McAllister, and drummer Jeff Olson. Drawing from Black Sabbath for inspiration (with occasional nods to the psychedelic sounds of the late 1960s thrown in for good measure), the band used gloomy down-tuned riffs and spiritual, often openly religious lyrics, which quickly earned them the dubious "white metal" tag.[1]

The band toured throughout the Midwest during the early 1980s before signing with Metal Blade Records and releasing their eponymous debut (later referred to as Psalm 9) in 1984. The Skull followed in 1985 and reflected singer Wagner's struggles with substance abuse as well as the growing turmoil within the group. This led to the replacement of bassist McAllister with Ron Holzner and the departure of drummer Jeff Olson, who had decided to become a preacher.[1][2] Dennis Lesh was drafted as his replacement for 1987's Run to the Light. In comparison to earlier recordings, the critiques thought Run to the Light was "disappointing"[1]. Ted Kirkpatrick played drums during Trouble's Run to the Light tour before he went to form his own band, Tourniquet in 1989.

A three year hiatus followed. Just when it seemed that Trouble's fortunes had run out, the band was snapped up by Rick Rubin's Def American Records for whom they recorded another self-titled album (Trouble) in 1990 with Rubin producing. More experimental than previous efforts, the album (featuring new drummer Barry Stern) expanded upon the group's tentative psychedelic notions while not abandoning power chords.

The group embarked on a year-long tour and returned to the studio. In 1992 Manic Frustration was released, delving into Beatlesque psychedelia and featuring some of Trouble's most aggressive, energetic performances ever. But when the album still failed to connect with a wider audience (due perhaps to the grunge revolution that made metal a bad word in 1992), it seemed that Trouble had apparently missed their last window of opportunity.

Ultimately dropped by their record company (that by now was experiencing financial problems of their own), the band issued 1995's Plastic Green Head through the Music for Nations label. But despite the return of founding drummer Olson, the album's impact was noticeably dulled by a badly concealed weariness. Vocalist Eric Wagner would quit the band soon after (going on to form Lid).

Though Trouble had been on hiatus ever since, rumors of an eventual re-formation persisted. On January 26th of 2002 the band took the stage in Chicago once again. Eric, Bruce, Rick, Ron and original drummer Jeff Olsen took to the stage to perform a short set. Since then, the band has been out and about in the Chicago area playing local one-off gigs and headlining various metal festivals while working on their upcoming album. In 2005 they played in Stockholm, Sweden where they recorded the live DVD Trouble - Live in Stockholm.

In February 2004, Dave Grohl of Nirvana and the Foo Fighters put together a tribute to his metal roots by assembling a who's who of metal with his Probot project. The disc featured various vocalists from Dave's favourite metal bands singing on tunes that he recoded the music for. Eric Wagner sang on the track "My Tortured Soul". Dave Grohl wrote in the liner notes for Probot that buying Psalm 9 was like buying Sgt. Peppers. Last year bass player Ron left the band and was replaced by Chuck Robinson. In 2006, former drummer Barry Stern died.

Their new album, Simple Mind Condition, was released on April 3, 2007 by Escapi Music. An unplugged album will be released at a later date. They toured Europe and USA in support of that album
Trouble Picture10

Bio Taken From: wikipedia.com
El Decapo
El Decapo
Unhindered By Talent
Unhindered By Talent

Back to top Go down

Trouble Empty Re: Trouble

Post by Actumen Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:46 am

Saw them in Chicago a couple and it was a decent show. Some gothic metal band, URN, opened for them and they were downright terrible, but trouble was sweet. They priced their shirts at like $30 a pop though, it was a bit obscene. I did get a Jeff Olson drum stick. :D

Edit; Actually someone else got the drum stick but she was REALLY drunk and she and her boy friend were like "OMG A 15 YEAR OLD WHO IS WEARING A CANDLEMASS SHIRT AND LISTENS TO TROUBLE YOU ROCK HERE TAKE THIS MAN!" hahaha afro

Edit: And that was the show where we (Me and those drunk people that is - I was there with another kid but he went someplace else with his friends who showed up) were standing in front of a stage that was like 5 inches tall, front row, stage and Trouble's photographer (In a denim vest with a huge KORN backpatch :penis: ) flipped SHIT at me. He was like "OMG WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU I AM TRYING TO DO MY JOB HERE" and I was literally just standing there. I think the guy a few people over from us kept bumping him and he thought it was me. He called over some security guy and I just shrugged and the drunk people were like "YEAH HES CRAZY WTF DUMB GUY" and then the security dude looked at me for a second and said "YOU LISTEN TO CANDLEMASS?! HIGH FIEV!" rofl
Actumen
Actumen
Automatic Fantastic

http://myspace.com/greensunn

Back to top Go down

Post by Burp Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:24 pm

^rofl
Yeh, those career-camerafags can be goddamn bitches when they don't get their precious ideal angle... But Trouble is one of the most universally accessible doom bands you could ever get laid to, and the cut off point for me was Plastic Green Head. :bong:
Burp
Burp
Menace
Menace

http://www.myspace.com/groawilling

Back to top Go down

Post by El Decapo Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Actumen wrote:Saw them in Chicago a couple and it was a decent show. Some gothic metal band, URN, opened for them and they were downright terrible, but trouble was sweet. They priced their shirts at like $30 a pop though, it was a bit obscene. I did get a Jeff Olson drum stick. :D

Edit; Actually someone else got the drum stick but she was REALLY drunk and she and her boy friend were like "OMG A 15 YEAR OLD WHO IS WEARING A CANDLEMASS SHIRT AND LISTENS TO TROUBLE YOU ROCK HERE TAKE THIS MAN!" hahaha afro

Edit: And that was the show where we (Me and those drunk people that is - I was there with another kid but he went someplace else with his friends who showed up) were standing in front of a stage that was like 5 inches tall, front row, stage and Trouble's photographer (In a denim vest with a huge KORN backpatch :penis: ) flipped SHIT at me. He was like "OMG WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU I AM TRYING TO DO MY JOB HERE" and I was literally just standing there. I think the guy a few people over from us kept bumping him and he thought it was me. He called over some security guy and I just shrugged and the drunk people were like "YEAH HES CRAZY WTF DUMB GUY" and then the security dude looked at me for a second and said "YOU LISTEN TO CANDLEMASS?! HIGH FIEV!" rofl
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:yay: for Candlemass!
El Decapo
El Decapo
Unhindered By Talent
Unhindered By Talent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:17 am

This is one doom band that I really haven't taken the time to listen to very often. Changing that, cause I just bought Psalm 9
Kyle
Kyle
Unhindered By Talent
Unhindered By Talent

Back to top Go down

Post by Huldrelokk Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:56 pm

Good; Psalm 9 is a gem of an album, they are very dissapointing as of recently though
Huldrelokk
Huldrelokk
Hobbit
Hobbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Yeah, man, definitely. The album is great, really heavy and thrashy at times. Vocalist is awesome.
Kyle
Kyle
Unhindered By Talent
Unhindered By Talent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum